Mini itx power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

valor

Hello, Can anyone help me? I m designing a fanless 12V DC-DC ATX power supply for mini-ITX form factor PC. I cant find the current requirements for each supply voltage. The motherboard i gonna try on is intel D510. This is the first project i do on my own. Can provide me some advice and information? THANKS alot!!!

If you are struggling with the current requirement step, I feel you might not have enough experience in electronics and electronics design to completly design a fanless SMPS. Could you pick a different project?

You are getting nto a complex project but if you want to design it yourself I suggest you start with the specifications and design guides.

Start by reading all this stuff. Then if you are still awake you can read all of this interesting stuff and on the off chance you are still awake then you can read this remaining stuff.

The links will provide the specifications and tolerances you need to meet the design guide specifications. You really are getting into what is a major project.

Good Luck
Ron

Ron, thanks for the guide. yeah,this is a major project.i need to complete this to get my degree...appreciate ur help!

Do you know how a SMPS works?

This link shows a schematic for an early ATX form factor 200 watt PSU. I suggest you look it over very carefully and see how the outputs are derived. That should help a little.

Ron

This link shows a schematic for an early ATX form factor 200 watt PSU. I suggest you look it over very carefully and see how the outputs are derived. That should help a little.

Ron
Ron, really appreciate ur help.. the psu i gonna build is <100W.. and the schematic u posted are quite complicated..

The schematic I posted is the basic circuit for just about all power supplies of that type. Designing and building a PSU like that is not a simple or easy task. That circuit is your basic SMPS for an ATX application. That is also only a 200 watt PSU and nowhere near as complex as the newer designs and much higher power units. Start with the mains power and work from there. That is about all I can tell you. All power supplies of this type look about like what you see, beyond that I don't know what to tell you. There is no easy way around it of a simpler version that I could suggest.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…