mini table clamps/vise

Status
Not open for further replies.

moody07747

I'm looking to get a mini table vise that I can attach to a small work board.

I have one of those helping hands with the clips but they just don't hold round audio clamps well when soldering so I was just wondering if you guys had any suggestions on which one to get.

Those suction ones are great,

sears.com

...but my small table I'm making will have plywood on top so that wont hold.

Another sears item is

It's a drill press vice which I should get two as I need a vice to the table top drill press I have. Sure it does not turn or anything like that but I'm sure it gets the job done.

If anyone else has any other suggestions on vises feel free to post about them.

Thanks

I just searched ebay and saw this little guy
**broken link removed**

I would say thats a little too small....I would like something like at least a 2" opening clamp.

something like this I just found
https://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=42284

Now im seeing most of those small 2" clamps use a clamp at the base to attach to the edge of a table, now that will work for me but I wont like it much as that means I'll have to build a table thats a little higher...I was planning on using some 2x4 and a piece of plywood to make a small standing table that I can move anywhere I want.

Last edited:
I like Panavise. Different vise heads as well as bases and baseplates some of which are vacuum, clamp, screw, or a big metal plate. The vise heads are all over the place, big small, delicate, rubber coated, circuit board. A lot different designs.

Last edited:
dknguyen said:
I like Panavise. Different vise heads as well as bases and baseplates some of which are vacuum, clamp, screw, or a big metal plate. The vise heads are all over the place, big small, delicate, rubber coated, circuit board. A lot different designs.

thanks ill look into it now

They're not cheap though (minimum of $50 for a base and a vise head). But you can get a lot of different heads if you use the hell out of your vice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…