Mis-labelled IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

t.o.

If you have got a mis-printed money note, you might able to sell it for more money. How about a mis-labelled I.C.? I had found a Motorola MC34129P dip I.C. with 16 legs. This I.C. used to be 14 legs. I wondered how it got through Motorola's 6 sigma quality system. I might sell it for a fortune. Ha, Ha.

justDIY said:
it is probably a counterfeit, not an actual Motorola part.

where did you find it?
It's from a local dealer and don't know where it comes from. It's got laser marking with Motorola logo and log no. of CPB0024. It looks quite normal without any re-marking.

I hope all the I.C. sources were checked before people build their planes and rockets.

typically "mission critical" devices are built with certified components, the supplier can provide documentation from silicon refinement, wafer fabrication, die separation, bond wire and packaging encapsulation, warehousing and finally delivery.

Where did you buy it from?

The number of pins is a dead give away.

I don't know why distributers don't examine their IC more carefully when they have bought them from a not so reliable source, the could even test a couple of the devices, just to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…