Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MITx 6.002x Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

EN0

Hello All,

MIT has recently launched a new initiative for online learning and their 6.002x course is the very first experimental course. Here is a link if you are interested:

**broken link removed**

http://youtu.be/p2Q6BrNhdh8

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to keep up to pace with the course because of school and a part-time job, but for those who are interested in learning more about electronic circuits, I thought it would be a great learning experience.

I can tell you that it is a lot of work, but it is worth it. It's free and you even get a certificate once you've passed. It is a little late to start, but if you start, you would still be able to pass and get the certificate. You may just want to do it at your own pace.

Have fun, learn, and enjoy!

Last edited:
The course quality is awesome, but not for beginners. In order to succeed you need some previous knowledge with electronics and differential equations. Without that, you will find the learning curve very very steep.

Last edited:
i have a good knowledge of differential equations, and electronics, but the problem is, it started in march and i missed most of the stuff.

The course quality is awesome, but not for beginners. In order to succeed you need some previous knowledge with electronics and differential equations. Without that, you will find the learning curve very very steep.

You are absolutely correct. That is why my recommendation of starting at one's own pace would help keep insanity at bay.

i have a good knowledge of differential equations, and electronics, but the problem is, it started in march and i missed most of the stuff.

My expectation is that this course will be available again in Fall of 2012 sometime and also next year. My hope was that it might be available this coming summer when virtually all of us have more spare time on our hands, particularly students, but that may not be the case.

Last edited:
ENO, i joined the mitx 6002x course after you posted this thread.
i found that course very interesting but requires very hardwork as you said. i missed some portion but i have done well till now.

The course is extremely interesting isn't it? So much to learn! You are correct, it is a lot of work and I'm glad to hear that you have liked it so far. Even though you may not be able to finish in time, you could still do the course at your own pace (that's what I'm doing, although it's going somewhat slow). There has been talk in the course discussion that the materials/information will be available even after it is finished, so that is nice.

I can't get over the price; an MIT EECS course absolutely free. I would encourage you and others to take advantage of that, though I know that finding the time can sometimes be difficult.

The course is extremely interesting isn't it? So much to learn!

its very interesting course. the best part of this course is that it keeps us busy in doing homework and labs. it provides great deal of learning.

I can't get over the price; an MIT EECS course absolutely free.

yes you are right, a course from MIT for free is a blessing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back