Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mixer (Multiplier)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hykwei

Hi everyone!

I am looking for a wide bandwidth mixer (around 20 MHz) for building a simple DSB (Double Side Band) Modulator and Demodulator...

I hav been looking through the web...and the only chip that I found is a LM1496 chip, which is quite an old chip and it needs a lots of circuitry to make it as a proper modulator/demodulator.

Does anyone know whether there is any newer mixer chip (or modulator) that can perform better than LM1496? or a chip which requires less circuitry...

Thank you for your help!

How accurate is your frequency?

If it's from a simple LC oscillator then you can easilly integrate the mixer into your oscillator design.

What frequency is the modulating voltage?

A simple common emitter amplifier can act as a mixer.

Can't balancing be done with a transformer?

I'm a bit rusty as far as RF is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back