Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MMI (Man Machine interface) for an LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikaoj13

Hi again,

after solving the LCD driver issue, I am thinking of developing a very simple MMI (Man Machine Interface) to develop all kind of alarm applications. It will be based in 4 buttons (left, right, ok and cancel) and a 16x2 LCD

Does anyone know a simple structure that will simplify my C code? idon´t wanna make the control too fuzzy.

("MMI" is a name to describe all the different messages that will appear on the screen in order to configure the application)

Thanks in advance

Joaquin

You cod have and main menu that you select whith the left right and each selection runs an sub program that you use to make an setting.All the setings shod be stored in the internal EEPROM.

you see thats the main problem with embedded systems engineers and firmware developers. there are no fixed set of rules at all. everyone tries to make their own type of interface. then they wait for feedback from their customers and according to that they do some changes in their code and the next version of that product carries those changes.

"a simple structure" is just too vague when there are no set of rules. what i would say is that you try out some products and see what type of menu you like. and i would also recommend you the book "The Art of Designing Embedded Systems" by Jack Gansle. that book at least makes a try to define a set of rules for embedded design.

i hope that helps

MMI is not politically correct...
try HMI or wait till you hear from feministic movement... :D

Thanks all,

I will use a 2 button solution (scroll and OK) and implement the subrutines you guys have mentioned.

I think that with only one byte I will be able to control all the menus in the MMI.

Thanks again...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back