Mobile Phone car security

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDayUK

Hi,
I have just joined this forum as i am looking for some help designing a circuit. My idea is, a mobile phone wired up to phone me when my van gets broken into or even just door opening.
The phone is a fairly simple Nokia 3310. My idea is, having 2 wires soldered to both the cancel button and one of the hot keys to dial the number. the cancel button is to ensure the phone is cleared to allow hot key to work and to cancel and repeat the process. the hot key must be pressed and held for approx 3 seconds to dial.

So what i have thought of so far is, a 555 timer set up as astable with say a 3-4 second delay, connected to a 4017 counter with maybe 2 555s as monostable on 2 outputs, one for .5 seconds for cancel and one for 3 seconds for dial. these could be connected to the first two outputs. The remaining 8 left unconnected. making it a 30 - 40 second cycle including dialing.
to press the buttons i thought relays would work, using the output some how from the 555s to trigger them and close the button circuits. with the rest position (no voltage) on the relays to be open. supply can be from either the 12volt from vehicle or the 3.6 from the phone.
Any recomendations or circuit advise appreciated.
thanks

Hiya Jday,
Siliconchip did a project in the last year which interfaces with a nokia phone. Basically the project sends you an e-mail when something happens ie: a relay trips etc. Below is a picture of the kit which is available from www.jaycar.com.au . If you go to www.siliconchip.com.au and search for that project you can read up on all the features.

Cheers Bryan

Attachments

• sms_controller.gif
    69.1 KB · Views: 485
for a bit more money www.sparkfun.com sell actual cellular modules. Put ur sim in and with the right interfacing you can have voice/sms/data calls all u want!

Tad expensive tho, but big names only get the prices down cause they make batches of 100,000 at a time!

thanks for the replies, i have been looking for something like that. but my only problem is, after reading that it doesnt say anything about phoning the alert, only txt / sms. Also how is it programmed? i assume its through the mobile phone, or messages to it??

i will probably have to go for it if i dont find another soloution. but i was wanting it to phone me, ring for a bit, then hang up and do it again. this way, there are no delays in receiving the message like on sms which has been known to take 24hours or more on some occasions to be recieved. and it wont cost anything, as no connection is made, it just rings.
i want it to be as maintanence free as possible, ie i dont really want to top up the credit on the phone or check what its got left.
although please correct me if im wrong and it does phone out. that would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…