Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mobile phone pcb damage - complete newbie asking for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

smaua

Hi! my phone got wet..same old story..and the lcd stopped working. i thought it was the lcd itself so i got a new one, changed it..but still same problem. touchscreen seems to work as do the lights for the bottom buttons. it's a samsung g357fz. seems to power on ok, sound and all..just cant see anything on the lcd
i tried shining light on it to check if its just the backlight but seems its all of it.
tried cleaning the connections with isopropyl..but that didnt fix it
looking at the pcb it seems some parts of the track are fried? shorted? im not really sure if that makes sense..it's the first time im playing with things like these..i`m more into software bugs :)
would be super awesome if someone could have a look at the pcb..im hoping that if it makes sense that the track is just fried..then it seems like its fixable easily? if you can see anything else that could be the reason for the lcd not working i would really like to know. was thinking to try to play with a multimeter and see how the current flows..but any suggestions are welcome! as well as, if you do think that the track is broken, should a bit of solder on there fix it? or one of those conductive pen things? im not in any way a professional, just want a working phone..and to do things myself.
thanks!

pictures
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Welcome to ETO!
Can you get a sharp close-up of those part tracks you think are fried?

yeah here is the close up..as close as i can get with a not very good macro..

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

the circled bits are where i think is fried? where the track gets darker / not so golden..
thanks a lot!

Not close enough for me to see any detail. Perhaps someone else here has better eyes.

I don't think the tracks are fried; I think the adjacent components crapped out their guts, dis-coloring the tracks. Look at the adjacent components with a magnifying glass and see if there are craters.

But don't get your hopes up if they are cratered – they are likely the result of other (not so visible) damaged parts.

ok thx will check closer..altho if there are other damaged parts how would you check that? guess in that case its too hard to fix?

Other parts may not show any outward signs of damage. It would be quite a challenge to understand the circuit and trace all the damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back