Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Model of Human Walking Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Hank,
I see that in some of the higher modern 'skyscrapers' they are using a moving mass at the top the building in order cancel any off balance due to wind forces.

Couldnt you just move a heavish mass left/right in the head cavity say, rather than moving the head on the neck length, to move the COG.??

Regards

Couldnt you just move a heavish mass left/right in the head cavity say, rather than moving the head on the neck length, to move the COG.??
I suppose you could. I think the main criteria for designing a humanoid, walking robot are:
1) Does it walk like a human?
2) Is it a practical design? If not, defer to point 1) in redesign.

The problems with the head-weight are:
1) It doesn't move humanly. What would you use as the weight, by the way?
2) It's not practical. For the same amount of COG offset, you'd have to move a small weight in the head a great distance to achieve the same effect as moving a large mass (like the entire upper body) a very small distance. I leave it up to you to decide which moves more humanly.

I think a big difference between balancing buildings and balancing people walking is that one is meant to be balanced and stay still, and the other is meant to be balanced while in motion.

Wow! After only an hour on Youtube, my video already has two honours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back