Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Modulating Sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im trying to make a modulated Sensor For " Line following Robot" sensor, im using LDR and Red Led , im trying to modulate the emitter by a frequency like 685Hz and recieve it , can LDR response that ? i dont have phototransistor here in egypt to repalce it .. any suggesstions if that circuit can work ??
also can i replace the diode 1N4148 by a 1N4001 ??

thanks

Attachments

• Sensor Modulated.JPG
    Sensor Modulated.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 174
The 4148 is a signal diode, while the 4001 is a rectifier. The sub should work, unless space is a problem.

LDRs have slow responses. You might want to use a lower frequency. Anything that is not harmonically related to 60 Hz should work.

ok thanks for the reply , what about the circuit for the demodulation ? is this circuit correct in design ? the values for caps , resisotrs ..etc ?
the problem also i want to differentiate between white and blue color (( line following ) , the circuit without modulation it works ... so i want to add the modulation stuff, will this affect the sensor for detecting the two color's thersholds ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back