Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

moeller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try looking on the moeller website.
**broken link removed**

this item is meant for 440v, but if i want to use it in 480v, will it work?

480/440 is only ~10% higher, so IMHO, yes. Normal line variations probably go more than this.

**broken link removed**

That datasheet says that it will work down to 240VAC.

And... not sure what your trying to say.

Those big electric specs confuse me. What the heck is 480y/240, also what is KA? Spec says instant trip @ 480-800. Is that to say 480VAC will trip the breaker?

And... not sure what your trying to say.

Those big electric specs confuse me. What the heck is 480y/240, also what is KA? Spec says instant trip @ 480-800. Is that to say 480VAC will trip the breaker?
I don't know anything about big circuit breakers. **broken link removed** says
New NZM Circuit Breakers provide excellent protection for control systems in applications from 1 to 1200A with a short-circuit breaking capacity of up to 150kA.
So, if the short-circuit current is way in excess of the trip current, they will still open (and not weld closed).
In a 3-phase wye source, if the individual vectors are 277V, the voltage between any two phases will be 480V. I think this is what 480Y/277 means. I think the 240 spec tells you that the guaranteed short-circuit break current is higher than for the 480Y/277, probably because power dissipation in the contacts determines the level at which they will weld themselves closed. You would think they would simply explode or vaporize.:eek:

Yes, the 150 kA is the current interrupting rating.

My house service at 240v has an internal impedance of 1 mΩ so in principle it could supply 240kA under short circuit conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back