Moisture sensitive parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overclocked

I just recieved a big order from mouser, and Theres only one concern I have; Some of the parts are in moisture sealed bags (like LEDs, Caps and Some IC's). Now I bought some of these parts for future projects (it was a very large order) and Im a hobbiyst, do I have to bake them once I open them? Or Can I reseal the package with tape once I used the part I need? Basically Im asking if once I open them if they'll be "OK" in a few months or a year for hobbyist use or will they fail just sitting around?

They should be fine. If you are worried about it then store in a zip lock bag with some desiccant packets. Also, obviously store in a cool dry place.

Ron

We have a small production of specialty electronics. After we build the boards, using watersoluable solder, we put the builds through a regular cycle in our dishwasher. Parts include CMOS ICs, 68HC11 micros, relays and small powertransformers. Dripdry over night. After that 1 -1.5 hr at 135deg. F in a convection oven. Not one failure after 10k+ pieces in 10 years+!
I know, some will shudder, but it works for us. E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…