Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOORE vs MEALY

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtommer

hi,

can anyone tell me the difference between the MOORE and MEALY machine based on a good practical everyday life example?

I can't seem to grasp the concept.

Here's my problem. I know that MOORE is only state dependent but MEALY Is state + INPUT dependent.

but in a MOORE machine the occurrence of where a state lies is also dependent on the INPUT..so this really confuses me..

Hope someone could help to distinctly explain the fine line between the two=)

Thanks

Taken from Wiki:

a Mealy machine is a finite state transducer that generates an output based on its current state and input.

a Moore machine is a finite state transducer where the outputs are determined by the current state alone (and do not depend directly on the input).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back