Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

More questions about detecting current

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWE&C

Posted on 6/08 asking about detecting a current flow in a 12VDC system. I got just the info I needed and quickly as well. Thanks very much for that. :) I have decided to use a Maxim 4372 current sense amplifier. Using this IC the Vout will varry depending on the current being detected. I am thinking of using Vout to turn on a transistor which will turn on an LED which would be the indication there is a current flow. I'm thinking Vout might be anywhere from 2 to 10 VDC. Could someone help with the circuit for the transistor and LED? All help appreciated.

Use a comparator.

Also, please ask in the origional thread because I had no idea of what you're talking about.

Hi HERO999,

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to post in the original thread but couldn't figure out how to bring it to the top. I figured it was buried so far back that no one would see it unless I could bring it back to the top. Perhaps I should have posted the question "How do I bring a thread back to the top"? All help appreciated.
Thanks,
Don W.

You could use the forum search facility to fined the thread by typing related keywords or you could search back though your posts. Click on your name and click find all posts by DWE&C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back