More remote starter questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

yfx4

I have my code and circuit that closes the ignition circuit then waits for the fuel pump to pressurize. When the button is pushed a second time the starter engages for 2.5 seconds then checks to see if it started, then will repeat if not for a total of 3 attempts. If the bike does not start it rests. If the bike does start it will run for a preset time then shut off and reset. I'm still configuring the IOC stuff that will reset it when the brake is touched while running and have it sleep then wake on change of RB0 which will be triggered by the same button that 'turns the key.'

https://www.electro-tech-online.com...mote-starter.104788/?highlight=remote+starter

Question is how to have the PIC count pulses from the Hall sensor and determine if the engine is running so the starter can stop turning. My bike starts in a jiffy when warm, takes a bit longer when cold. If I set the starter to run a max time then test for an increased RPM over the starter I can shut the starter down once the engine has started.

I don't know how to do this. Can someone give me help??

I would program a pic to count the space of time between fuel injection pulses. I once built a remote start using the signal from the alternator voltage to determine if the engine was running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…