Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mosfet mayhem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPI

Hello all,

I am having trouble creating a circuit that will switch a 500v DC supply on and off, I have tried but failed. I confess I don’t have a great deal of experience with mosfet transistors but I do have some knowledge of electronics.

The Problem 500vdc supply is is on wether ro not the gate has a supply.

I am using (Transistor,MOSFET,N Channel,SPP02N60S5) supplied buy RS.

Attached is a sketchy schematic.

Please, please can someone help?

Many Thanks

John

Attachments

• The sketchy schematic.JPG
    The sketchy schematic.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
He didn't have a common ground in all the other websites he posted this question in.

Also in the fuzzy JPG picture there is a 1m resistor across the battery with a value of only 1-milli-ohm which shorts the battery. 1Meg is too high but 10k ohms might work well so that the Mosfet turns off quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back