Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mosfet packaging

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on what colour the bubble wrap is?

White is a no no because it's not anti-static.

Pink it better because it's dissipative.

Black is best because it's conductive.

I would think blue is no good.

The bubble wrap needs to be ESD safe.

Polythene is really good at accumulating static electricity which is very bad for power MOSFETs.

Pink bubble wrap is treated so it has a very slightly lower electrical resistance which stops charge from accumulating.

Black bubble wrap is carbon loaded so is conductive enough to measure on a multimeter and if you connect it to the mains it will heat up and melt due to Ohmic heating.

I'd recommend black bubble wrap or putting it in a shielded plastic bag (silver of black) before packaging it in blue bubble wrap.

I bought some RAM form someone on ebay. It came packaged in bubble wrap and printer paper so I returned it.

I was glad it wasn't packaged correctly because I had ordered the wrong kind of RAM by mistake and I had an excuse to return it. :D

hehe yea I had that too, I got sent some RAM in the wrong wrapping and sent a strong worded email to the seller who refunded me, as it happens the ram did not work. Yea you have to be VERY VERY VERY careful with RAM on ebay I got done twice with people saying it was DDR and turned out to be in one case DDRII and in another buffered DDRII for a server mainboard, some sellers seem to think that they are justified in selling DDRII as DDR if they put the part number on the listing so you have the chance to look up everyone of the the million RAM sticks on sale to check to see if the seller is a dick head or not. Of course ebay were hopeless at doing anything, and their own information system that you can use supplied inccorrect information so ebay was directly at fault too. Like I say watch your backs and more when buying RAM off ebay. and tobe honest with the price of new ram on ebuyer.com I'd hardly bother to get ram off ebay anymore

I've had a good deal before.

I bought an old 256MB module to upgrade my old PC to 512MB. It only cost me a pound and I wouldn't spent much more as the computer wasn't worth it.

wel 256 MB modules are not in demand as anyone seriously wanting to use an older PC for everyday stuff wants to upgrade from 256/512 MB to 1+ GB so modules that are 512 MB fetch something, 256 nobody really wants and of course there is the luck of the draw, using 2 different modules on older motherboards can be a problem too, I once fried a motherboard by doing that and I'm sure that my old computer at work was wrecked that way, I was unlucky enough to sell a trailer load of wood for 99p. I was not massivly bothered because it was all junk from work and only light timber. I did however sell a pair of 256 (512 MB kit) Rambus modules for 27 pounds to someone in greece ! but then Rambus is rare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back