Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

most easy to use pic compiller

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmondlai

need some suggestion from all pic PRO, which compiler is the best and easy to use ?
picbasic pro...... mplab....high-tech c or suggest me to use other..........

i am also a noob and strugled with the question of compilers.....for what its worth i would say try c18 from mplab as its free and there is alot of help about for it. C is a pretty tough learning curve but it does get easier as you progress, it can be frustrating at times but is worth the effort to learn, i tried basic and its ok it dosnt have anywhere near the power of C and in the long run C is the better option. but will come down to how much effort your willing to put in at the beginning, if you want a really easy life then have a look at JAL i havnt tried it much but looks very easy, although i would guess your pretty limited to what you can achieve with it

For me, the easiest language seems to be BASIC and I find mikroBASIC the best as it supports AVR, PIC12,16,18,24,30,33, 8051

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back