Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motarola remote decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimjames

I have a Motorola cable box remote control that I would like to be able to decode as the numbers are pressed. Essentially, I would like to either have an led display or digital display show which numbers are pushed.

I have looked around and found some schematics but not sure I completely understand them. I do have experience with electro-mechanical devices (as related to HVAC), but nothing at this level.

If someone could help me put together a shopping list and a how to... it would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance....

is ur motorola cable box using a RF remote or a normal IR remote control ???

if its a normai ir remote control console.... then u can probably get from the manufacturer itself wat kind of protocol can be used... for example most of the philips tvs use RC5 or RC6 protocol....

if its a RF remote then the job becomes much more easier....

Not sure... I just assumed it was an IR.

Cable box itself is not motarola, just the remote for it. The remote I have looks the one at this link.

**broken link removed**

Again, I am new to this type of stuff and will apologize now if I ask stupid questions....

Also, I have been looking to the protocol on this remote and have yet to find it... where should I go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back