Motarola remote decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimjames

I have a Motorola cable box remote control that I would like to be able to decode as the numbers are pressed. Essentially, I would like to either have an led display or digital display show which numbers are pushed.

I have looked around and found some schematics but not sure I completely understand them. I do have experience with electro-mechanical devices (as related to HVAC), but nothing at this level.

If someone could help me put together a shopping list and a how to... it would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance....

is ur motorola cable box using a RF remote or a normal IR remote control ???

if its a normai ir remote control console.... then u can probably get from the manufacturer itself wat kind of protocol can be used... for example most of the philips tvs use RC5 or RC6 protocol....

if its a RF remote then the job becomes much more easier....

Not sure... I just assumed it was an IR.

Cable box itself is not motarola, just the remote for it. The remote I have looks the one at this link.

**broken link removed**

Again, I am new to this type of stuff and will apologize now if I ask stupid questions....

Also, I have been looking to the protocol on this remote and have yet to find it... where should I go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…