Motor and Operation

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablo1

Hello, I'm wanting to purchase a motor that would turn a light cylinder of delrin axially about 45 degrees to the right, then turn it back (to the left; up) to 0 degrees vertical. What parts do I need to achieve this operation? This is not remote controlled but will have a battery source. A microswitch on a circuit board will relay this operation. Thank you all your advice is highly appreciated.

The servo motor will be the easiest way to turn 45 degrees one or other side.

Servo motor is easily controlled via micro controller or if you need only 2 positions (45 and 0 degrees) then you can build simple 555 circuit to achieve that. You only need to select the servo motor with enough torque to turn the cylinder. You can search the forum for some examples on how to drive the servo and I advice you to start here

Thank you. How fast can this operation become? It needs to cycle around 20 cycles a second. Is that possible?

I'm wanting to load a paintball into a chamber and have a DC motor spin it and fire it. And redo the operation. That's it pretty much.

Hi,

You could achieve that using a stepper motor.

I made a test using a small 5 1/4 floppy drive unipolar motor and a very basic controller and I got 18 cycles per second. I am sure that with some tweaking it could go much higher than that.

Alain

(Edit: Made a little mistake. The real figure I got was 18 cycles from 0 to 36 degree and back per second.)

Last edited:
Wow, 18 is very impressive. That may just work then. Could you send me a link where I could buy everything I would need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…