Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motor drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

zahra sultan

hello
i m thrid yr student ov electronix in NED uni ov pakistan
nd intersted in makin a robot for a contest nd the task is to place 12 balls
(check this link www.ceme.edu.pk/nerc2006) :)
our robot is at early stages
can ne body refer me ne useful link for the robotics as general abt basic theory stuff
and i also wanna know the codin ov 8051 controller to drive a 24 v DC motor for the sake ov drivin mechanism nd how to connect it wid controller :? :?
eagerly waitin for reply
chao

to control a motor you must have a H-bridge. google is full of different schematics and tutorials. This goes for CD motor. For steppers there are chips that do the job, or you can build your own. and as for servos, jou just onnect them tou your uController and the software does the rest.
as for basic robot theory there are books for it (robot building for dummys etc) and also the www.google.com is full of different projects and tutorials...

well what language are you using (programming language). and then search the internet for tutorials on how to set I/O's to be outputs and then how to set them high and low. as there are lots of different compilers out there you must be wery speccific on what YOU are using.

An advice for NERC..... DO NOT USE IR SENSORS FOR LINE FOLLOWING! The environment is too noisy & both the blue mat & the white tape reflect equally. Use blue color detection.

For motor drive u can use IRF 630 mosfets.

for line following use pic adc lines, LDR(light dependant resistors) and red superbright leds. i get perfect results on every surface and with every line (it followes a darkblue line on a brown backgroud with the same software with i run it on white surface and black line...

1. Is this your first time with NERC?

2. Have u seen the robot NED entered last time? I think its name was 'Gutsy'. U can borrow the robot vehicle design from it as it is the only design that proves successful in the competition.

well im using assembly neways i founnd the tutorial nd studying these days
f.s.ahmed....ya i heard that IR sensors doesnt work v r making sensors wid ldr and led......nd yup this is 1st tym um participating may i know r u also frm NED had u participated ever?

I am from UIT, participated last year, faced a very humiliating defeat all because of IR.

the one competition we have every year in estonia has 100 projectors "shooting" the robots with hüperbig IR. so thats why i never rely on IR sensord and communication there. and also i cover all the sensors with clothing so only a litle abitient light gets in.

do u know from which yr or deptt they were (the gutsy ppl)
can't u giv us ur vehicle?
:roll: i must say that last yr the actuating mechanism was 2 simple
but this yr damn difficult....giv me idea abt the actuating mechanism :idea:

cold you refrase your wuestions please and address them to someone (to who they are)

I know that i cant gibve my robot and the people compeating them were i think 2'nd year ones (no idea 100% as i dont go to the uni myself yet. in 10th grade still :( )

I cannot give u my vehicle cos I intend to enter again, but I will give u a hint, the diameter of the ball is 6 cm (approx), while the ring diameter is about 24 cm!!!! So u dont have to aim or anything, just ensure that ur ball is on top of the ring & "DROP".

Gutsy was from mechanical engg. dept.

Dropping mechanism final ho gayaa hai, as well as the line follower circuit... bas vehicle par kaam chal rahaa hai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back