motor moment project

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you think i need a voltage regulator because the measured voltage is 28v DC and it sometimes are lower and higher.
When you said originally that you had 24V available I took you at your word . In the circumstances it would be better to use a regulator. I would suggest a LM317L. I'll redraw the circuit to include one and show the CD40106 pin-out.

sorry my bad, ti was written on the transformer 24V but i measured 28V an ti was not completely stable

thank you again

Last edited:
It was written on the transformer 24V
But a transformer works on AC. So is that 24V AC ?
However, do you need to use the transformer? The Mitsubishi controller has a 24V output terminal (PC) which is specified as able to supply up to 100mA (much more than my circuit design would draw).
Attached is the revised design and parts list.

Last edited:
it have a rectifier included but i also have a 12 volt transformer DC if the circuit have a voltage regulator on 5V i can choose between the power sources right?

the digi-pot dos not need voltage and ground on the output i think because that is provided by the frequency converter

Yes, the Mitsu frequency converter provides the +5V (Va) and ground (Vb) for the digi-pot. As I said, "The Mitsu controller has a regulated 5V source already, which I assume can be used to drive the timing circuit." It also supplies the digi-pot part.
The digi-pot is 10k (50k or 100k versions are also listed), but the frequency converter is designed to work with a 1k pot and has an input impedance of only 10k. That is why the buffer opamp is suggested, to provide a low-impedance drive (Vw) from the digi-pot wiper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…