Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor PWM circuit...URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratiksurana

Hey everyone,

I am a new user to this site, I am a mechanical enginnering student doing my final year project in robotics. I am facing some problems with respect motor driver circuit.

How can I use one PWM pin to control one motor and how do i do the connections across L298. I am so confused coz i was using two PWM pins for each motor to control it.

I am going to use PIC30F4013, which has 4 PWM o/p and my robot is a 4WD robot, with 4 motors. I intend to use 2 L298 for four motors.

Thank you

What have you done so far? You can pulse width modulate the enable lines.

About L298 Motor Driver you can go :
**broken link removed**

You'll Find all about it , About PWM you can apply The PWM o/p from µc to the enable lines ( W1, W2) in the schematic you'll find them
**broken link removed**

PWM urgent

Well untill now, i was using a L293D and using 2 PWM pins from the microcontroller and connecting to pins 1A and 2A of the H-bridge and with the help of that i was controlling the direction of the motor. But now it seems i need more PWM outputs coz my number of motors have increased.

So i was trying to understand how can i control the direction of motor using 1 PWM channel. Still trying to understand it, have you got anything for me. Basically i wanna know, how can i do the connections??

Hey,

U sent me a link, i studied the diagram but just a couple of questions:

Firstly, W1 and W2, that are connected to the inputs of the L298, are they PWM input from the microcontroller and if yes, then from the diagram as far as i can see, then we need 4 channels for 2 motors, which is still the same???

And as per my understandibility, En A, B are connected to a 5V.

Dude, im totally confused, this is not my field but i trying to understand. Any kind of help would be great.

CHeerz

PWM motor circuit

Hey,

I studied the circuit you gave me, from the cct diagram, i can see the Input 1 adn 4 are getting the input from the same PWM pin and In 2 and 3 from the same, so in that if we see, this H-bridge is running 2 motors bt since we are connectng both motors to the same PWM pins, then these motors have 2 be on the same side . Is tht right???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back