Motor PWM circuit...URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratiksurana

Hey everyone,

I am a new user to this site, I am a mechanical enginnering student doing my final year project in robotics. I am facing some problems with respect motor driver circuit.

How can I use one PWM pin to control one motor and how do i do the connections across L298. I am so confused coz i was using two PWM pins for each motor to control it.

I am going to use PIC30F4013, which has 4 PWM o/p and my robot is a 4WD robot, with 4 motors. I intend to use 2 L298 for four motors.

Thank you

About L298 Motor Driver you can go :
**broken link removed**

You'll Find all about it , About PWM you can apply The PWM o/p from µc to the enable lines ( W1, W2) in the schematic you'll find them
**broken link removed**

PWM urgent

Well untill now, i was using a L293D and using 2 PWM pins from the microcontroller and connecting to pins 1A and 2A of the H-bridge and with the help of that i was controlling the direction of the motor. But now it seems i need more PWM outputs coz my number of motors have increased.

So i was trying to understand how can i control the direction of motor using 1 PWM channel. Still trying to understand it, have you got anything for me. Basically i wanna know, how can i do the connections??

Hey,

U sent me a link, i studied the diagram but just a couple of questions:

Firstly, W1 and W2, that are connected to the inputs of the L298, are they PWM input from the microcontroller and if yes, then from the diagram as far as i can see, then we need 4 channels for 2 motors, which is still the same???

And as per my understandibility, En A, B are connected to a 5V.

Dude, im totally confused, this is not my field but i trying to understand. Any kind of help would be great.

CHeerz

PWM motor circuit

Hey,

I studied the circuit you gave me, from the cct diagram, i can see the Input 1 adn 4 are getting the input from the same PWM pin and In 2 and 3 from the same, so in that if we see, this H-bridge is running 2 motors bt since we are connectng both motors to the same PWM pins, then these motors have 2 be on the same side . Is tht right???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…