Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motor to wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkh

hey i'm new here . i'm tryin' to build a line follower.(almost over)but it seems i can't directly connect the wheels to the motor shaft(i used 7.5 v motor in cassette player).should i use gears?

mkh said:
hey i'm new here . i'm tryin' to build a line follower.(almost over)but it seems i can't directly connect the wheels to the motor shaft(i used 7.5 v motor in cassette player).should i use gears?
do u have a connection problem , or r u trying to reduce the speed.?
may be posting the pic of wheels used and motor may be helpful.

DC motors run at 10,000rpm! do you really think that you can put a wheel on that shaft directly? i think no... you need at least 300:1 reduction to get your bot moving. you have 2 options:
1) make your own gearbox
2) buy a motor with a gearbox

ot use strong stepper motors or SERVO motors instead.

bloody-orc said:
DC motors run at 10,000rpm! do you really think that you can put a wheel on that shaft directly? i think no... you need at least 300:1 reduction to get your bot moving. you have 2 options:
1) make your own gearbox
2) buy a motor with a gearbox

ot use strong stepper motors or SERVO motors instead.

Well, he could use a really tiny wheel :wink: but, seriously, your comment about DC motors running at 10,000RPM is also misleading. Yes, they CAN run at that speed but RPM also depends on the driving voltage and on the motor load.
Klaus

at the rated Voltage they do run close to 10,000 rpm (or even over it) it all depends on the motor and its specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back