Mouse ic

Status
Not open for further replies.

manz

hi there...

i have a question, can the ic (main ic-that have a sensor like kind a thing) inside an optical mouse be soldered with a normal soldering iron rating 30-60W.usually ic uses an ic holder,but i need to remove the ic (de-soldered it) that is already in there for some other related project of mine.or it should be done by speacial soldering iron like the one used to solder hanphone electronic parts?

thanks.

hi manz,

Its a little to big for an ic, probably runs quite hot.

You could remove an ic by using your iron with 'solder wick' or a 'solder sucker' to remove the excess solder
so that you can get the ic out.

Just lightly touch the iron to the joints, dont overheat the ic.

If you just want the ic out in good condition and you dont care about the pcb you can cut away the pcb board from the ic pins,
using side cutters.

Use the iron to remove any traces of pcb from the pins.

If the ic is a CMOS device, you must take precautions regarding electro-static damage while handling the ic. [wrist strap]

Last edited:
thanks ericgibbs..

i just worry the solder iron is to big that might damage the ic a soon as it touches the ic...but base from your answer, it seems posibble to do it, just i have the becareful not to over heat the ic...
ok,thanks a lot...

Is your iron temperature controlled? If so it doesn't matter what the power rating is it won't damage the IC providing you don't set the temperature too high or hold it on for too long.

If it isn't temperature controlled and you can't afford a temperature controlled iron then a cheap and dirty way or way of controlling the temperature is to connect it up to a light dimmer. I have an iron that's supposed to be temperature controlled but it's just a light dimmer circuit.

hero999, thanks...

ok i get the point...and it`s a good tips also...i`ll have it connected with a light dimmer and try to solder the ic out..hope i donnt burn the ic : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…