Mouse/keyboard cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the port you are using.Serial,PS2 or USB.......??????Here we have plenty cables in bulkies in old stores you can buy that for cheaper amount.
But we dont know where are you staying in this world or in another world....

It is USB, the problem is the mouse is not working anymore, I am not sure if it is the connection or the cable, but I am looking for a new cable anyway

I'd guess that the cheapest solution would be to buy a cheap USB mouse online and just swap the cable over... You can get them for like $2-3 online, and they'll have the proper thin style of cable you would want on a mouse, rather than the thicker cable you'd find on a regular USB cable.

However, I would be pretty surprised if the cable was the problem, there's a LOT more than can go wrong inside the mouse than in the cable.

There again the cable is probably one of the most likely thing to go wrong, especially if it's an optical mouse; the best solution is still the same though, buy a new one.

goldeneye said:
It is USB, the problem is the mouse is not working anymore, I am not sure if it is the connection or the cable, but I am looking for a new cable anyway

Well certainly you might be able to try your existing mouse in another functioning PC, that should 'half split' the problem between being either the mouse/cable or our PC's connector. Then go from there depending on results found.

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…