Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mouse wheel type switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidolb

I have a project at school in which i need at least a 8 position switch. But since the consol i have chosen is sloped i was curious if there are switches/ selectors similar to the wheel on your mouse. So instead of a knob with marks for each posistion i want to use a wheel and have LED's light for each position. I have looked around on the net for a switch liek this but to no avail. Of course i am relatively new to this and coudl be asking a stupid question. so again.

Are There Switches/Selectors out there that works like the wheel in your mouse?

Thanx

davidolb said:
I have a project at school in which i need at least a 8 position switch. But since the consol i have chosen is sloped i was curious if there are switches/ selectors similar to the wheel on your mouse. So instead of a knob with marks for each posistion i want to use a wheel and have LED's light for each position. I have looked around on the net for a switch liek this but to no avail. Of course i am relatively new to this and coudl be asking a stupid question. so again.

Are There Switches/Selectors out there that works like the wheel in your mouse?

You could try looking for 'thumbwheel switches', these used to be available as either 10 way (decimal) or 16 way (hexadecimal) versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back