Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Moving to 18F4680

Status
Not open for further replies.

demestav

Hello everyone.

I have started developing a RTOS project on a 18F452 and I quickly realized that the resources (Program ROM and Data RAM) are not as large as my requirements.

Since my code is mature, I would not want to start writing from the beginning for a new PIC, therefore I need one that has the exact same features at the same locations but with more memory.

Q1) I have found 18f4680 to be very similar to 18F452. Is there a way to confirm that based on some MicroChip info? I mean, are they in the same 'family' (I am not sure if I use the right word here but I hope you know what I mean!), so I will not need to change my code?

Q2) In Microchip site I read some Errata documents for the 18F4680. Something is wrong with the silicon chip and it is affecting the CCP and Timers which I use a lot. Are the PICs that are produced now, corrected? Or they still have this error? Is there a way to know if the PIC is bugfree before I buy it?

That's it for now and thanks for reading!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back