Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MP3 Player reccomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

erosennin

Hi all,

I had a 20gb iRiver which kicked the bucket after about 2 years or so of use...
So now I am on the look out for a new player, I would like to avoid Apple at all costs. I am looking at the 30gb Microsoft Zune and the 8GB Sony Walkman in particular. I really like the Bang & Olufsen BeoSound6 - but that is slightly over my budget. I'm looking at around AUD$300 (which is about GB£140 and US$270)

I'm also looking for some noise cancelling earphones, I'm looking at the Harman/Kardon EP720 or EP730.

So I'd like peoples suggestions on what they believe...

Thanks,
Erosennin.

Sansa e200 (I have the 8Gb one but apparently there is a 16Gb one now and it plays DivX videos and other more useful formats rather than just my old Quicktime formats which is kinda useless) series and some Etymotic Research isolation earphones. DOesn't matter which ones.

dknguyen said:
Sansa e200 (I have the 8Gb one but apparently there is a 16Gb one now and it plays DivX videos and other more useful formats rather than just my old Quicktime formats which is kinda useless) series and some Etymotic Research isolation earphones. DOesn't matter which ones.
If you watch www.woot.com they'll have one about once a week. Monday they had a two-pack(I think) of tiny 1 gig players with built in FM tuners.

A Sansa comes up every few weeks, and I think I've seen the 16 gig one. They're usually around $15-$25(US). I don't know how woot handles international shipping (if required).

I have been a Rio fan for a while. I have a Karma, excellent sound and lots of power. But other people have not had good luck with that brand. They had hdd issues I guess.

As for headphones, I have been using Sony earbuds. The ones that cost $40. They sound great, and have lasted for years. Very comfortable too. Worth the money.

Apple are rip off merchants - they have a dodgy product which randomly breaks down for which they charge an arm and a leg for.
Secondly, everyone has them just because it's 'an iPod' not that the sound quality is exceptional or anything...
I have a minidisc player from sony from 8years ago, it still works a treat. It's just awkward to record everything onto it.

And Apple used DRM in the past. Thankfully that's now gone.
I've like the Creative Labs stuff, works fine.
RCA and RIO some units you couldn't use as a harddrive for files so I didn't bother with them.

Thanks for all your input fellow board members.

I'll see what happens, maybe rule up a table and observe the advantages and disadvantages of each product, then screw up that piece of paper and decide by tossing a coin =P

Ero Sennin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back