Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mp3 player using controlloer..

Status
Not open for further replies.

trg6669

hey guys, i'm making mp3 player using at89s52 controller..
i've some problem. in ckt there's a crystal of 14.7456 Mhz but i can't find it can you tell me what should i do for that?? can i change it by modifying ckt and programming?
what chnges i'll have to make??

Last edited:
Usually such a specific frequency is for a VERY good reason, in this case I would imagine it's for an MP3 decoder chip, rather than the processor - you need to source the correct crystal, it should be available where you got the MP3 chip - or have one made!.

trg6669 said:
hey guys, i'm making mp3 player using at89s52 controller..
i've some problem. in ckt there's a crystal of 14.7456 Mhz but i can't find it can you tell me what should i do for that?? can i change it by modifying ckt and programming?
what chnges i'll have to make??

The 14.7456MHz crystal, like the common 11.0592MHz crystal, would divide up nicely and give zero UART baudrate error up to a high baudrate in serial communication. It should be available in many electronic stores.

Besides, it could also be related to the MP3 chip set as mentioned by Nigel.

If you change it to other frequency like say 12MHz, 15MHz or 16MHz, then you would need to change the setup parameters of the serial baudrate generator inside the MCU via modifying the software.

Does the project has a serial port implementation? Does the MP3 chip set use another crystal, something like 12.288MHz?

sorry i've not mentioned that crystal of mentioned frequancy is used with decoder chip. thanx for the replies. well L.Chung my project has serial port implementation. all the data from external memory is transferred through it.
and the other crystal is 11.0592 Mhz used with controller at89s52.

In that case you have no other choice but to get the crystal.

Try filling in your location so other forum members can help you by sending you one or tell you where to source the crystal.

thanx. i've updated my profile.. i reside in india ahmedabad(state-gujarat).
plz if anybody know about the crystal reply soon..

ok. i've some doubt related to ckt. there's crystal in controller ckt and decoder chip has clock from controller port pins then why this decoder crystal is needed? can't it run with this clock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back