Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mplab 7.10 ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

Does anyone know where i can find a downloable version of MPLAB 7.10. This as the Stoltz version (at least the hex file ICD660.hex) wont work with mplab v8.00

Plz help me if you know where to download either a hex/ bootloader that works or mplab 7.1

Well I cant actually tell if it works or not as mplab 80 cant open the series port (im using a USB to serial adaptor)

EDIT:
error messages:
ICDWarn0027: The selected baud rate is not supported by your system. Chances are it will work anyway, but if persistent communications occur, consider switching to a lower baud rate.
ICD0019: Communications: Failed to open port: (Windows::GetLastError() = 0x2, 'Systemet finner ikke angitt fil.
')
ICD0021: Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD 2
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

Last edited:
Two things.

Instead of downgrading MPLAB why not upgreade the firmware in the ICD2?
It is supplied with each version of MPLAB. MPLAB knows how to update the firmaware in an ICD2.

Are you sure the problem is not with the USB to RS232 adaptor?

Last edited:
3v0 said:
Two things.

Instead of downgrading MPLAB why not upgreade the firmware in the ICD2?
It is supplied with each version of MPLAB. MPLAB knows how to update the firmaware in an ICD2.

Are you sure the problem is not with the USB to RS232 adaptor?

By the way, MPLAB has ver8.10 now Hope many people would have already downloaded it by now.

Ok Is it the BL0101010101.hex that is in the MPLAB directory?

Dont think its anything wrong with my rs232 adaptor

edit:
Dose anyone know a fast and easy way to test if it is my rs232 adaptor??

Last edited:
Will it work with a 16f876A??
Belive i have read some where that it was the same bootloader for 877a and 876a pleas correct me if im wrong (I aim to learn as much as i can)

blueroomelectronics said:
Yes same thing. It'll work for both.
Cool

I also found a com test program at something calle B&B electronics. real sweet littlest thing so my port works for shure

So little update from me.

Mplab cant "see" my rs232 serial usb adaptor (strange) so it cant open the correct port (com1)

Anyone got any ide what i can do?

That wont help. Mplab somethimes has only USB option for ICD2 in settings-> com. I have tried everything i can think of but nothing seems to help (yeh i have just reinstalled Mplab 8.10)

Kryten said:
That wont help. Mplab somethimes has only USB option for ICD2 in settings-> com. I have tried everything i can think of but nothing seems to help (yeh i have just reinstalled Mplab 8.10)

That's because you don't have any COM ports, reassign it to COM1 and reboot the computer, then check COM1 exists in control panel.

well i have don it but will try again (as it is part of my final project to become an electronics enginner)

I see
Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (com1)

And when i try to connect now i get just:
ICD0021: Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD 2
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

So i guess i need to use Bill's BL and try to see if it helps ;)

Edit:

It also helps connecting the D-sub9 the correct way :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back