Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB error

Status
Not open for further replies.

des_scho

When I try to build my project I get the following error message:

MPLINK 4.11, Linker
Copyright (c) 2007 Microchip Technology Inc.
Error - section 'Programmer' type is non-overlay and absolute but occurs in more than one input file.
Errors : 1

Can someone maybe tell me what's the problem here?

Self explaining message

The message is self-explaining. You have named a section twice. Look into your source files for "programmer", somewhat like #pragma code programmer or so. Don't know why you are using a named section?

des_scho said:
When I try to build my project I get the following error message:

MPLINK 4.11, Linker
Copyright (c) 2007 Microchip Technology Inc.
Error - section 'Programmer' type is non-overlay and absolute but occurs in more than one input file.
Errors : 1

Can someone maybe tell me what's the problem here?
Remove the linker file from your project.
The error message is telling you that your source (allocation of variables and code in memory) is absolute rather than relocatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back