Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB IDE and MPLAB Sim irritating behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Rainville

When having MPLAB Sim selected as the active debugger, how do I stop the editor from scrolling back to the first line of code after a successful build? This is annoying!

I will often assemble my project a few times between debugging sessions, to make sure everything assembles correctly. On big source files, the scrolling back and forth is a major PITA!...

I can't seem to find a menu/option that will disable this.

Anyone?

Jay,

I asked the same question on Microchip's MPLAB Sim forum. Hopefully, someone from Microchip will be able to answer tommorrow (monday).

I am pretty sure it is hardcoded in the software. I can see why someone would enjoy that feature. Write code, debug right away from 1st line of code. But they really oughta make it optional in a menu somewhere.

Maybe we'll be able to squeeze a new MPLAB 7.21 build out of them :)

Joel Rainville said:
Maybe we'll be able to squeeze a new MPLAB 7.21 build out of them :)
Thanks for asking, I want to have it optional too, But I am sure it won't make it into 7.21, because they have a very strict dead-lines, and the one for 7.21 was at the end of July!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back