Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB interfere with MSN messenger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremygaughan

Ever since I put MPLAB on my computer I have trouble running MSN messenger. I can usually talk but the video conference doesn't work any more. Has anyone else had similar problems with MPLAB and chat programs?

Oh my god....!! so that's why MSN is not working anymore on my pc too! :D looooolz

i don't have a clue why though...

I've been deleting programs one at a time and I think it's the program that the pickit makes you load to make it work I think it's called network something or other. Any ideas anyone?

Please try to install MSN Messenger afresh after installing the MPLAB
It might sort out the issues.

I actually just used the discs that you make when you first get a computer to erase the whole thing. Then I installed everything new with the latest software. The only thing I didn't install is the pickit stuff. I'm going to try to use MSN tonight, then if it works I'm going to install the pickit stuff and try again to video conference. I'll post how it goes, but I'm sure it's going to crash just like the last time I tried to reformat and install.

I;'ll advice you to install/reinstall the latest version of MSN messenger

All said and done. It's the framework program that pickit uses. MSN runs but with much lower quality. Still it's better than before when it didn't run at all.
Theo I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled the latest of all my programs.

In my case my Junebug (PICkit2) and Battlefield 1942 don't get along. The fix is easy enough I just unplug the Junebug when playing Battlefield.

Yes i had pickit crashing games before. But when you simply unplug it from the USB it works. This must be one bad bug.

Altho i dont have trouble with MSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back