mplab problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

crys

why is it that when i install mplab v 5.6 on my laptop, i get the blue screen when i restart it? its really problematic cuz blue screen is blue screen

Good quality working crystal balls are in short supply.

Why are you using MPLAB 5 when the current version is 8 ?

Past that you question is not clear. Do you get a blue screen when you start MPLAB or when you restart the laptop.

Regardless download the current version of MPLAB and try it again. If you still have a problem post again and be very specific. Advoid: it them and thingy ? What OS is on the laptop.

Last edited:
our teacher just graduated and he knows the old version only.. sad.. after i install mplab, i restart my laptop because its procedural.. thats when i get the blue screen.. my os is vista.. is it compatible?

Almost certainly not - and your teacher has no excuse for trying to use an antique version of MPLAB.

crys said:
our teacher just graduated and he knows the old version only.. sad.. after i install mplab, i restart my laptop because its procedural.. thats when i get the blue screen.. my os is vista.. is it compatible?

I agree with Nigel. The reacher is WRONG to be teaching with such an old version, esp since the software is free.

I would go so far as to say he is not doing his job.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Almost certainly not - and your teacher has no excuse for trying to use an antique version of MPLAB.

yuh, i know.. thats also why im confused cuz hes not so experienced. and when i ask him a question, he's like, werent you listening to me? well, i listend, i just want explanations! thats because im dumb too.. thanx!

3v0 said:
Download and install the latest version of MPLAB. If it works then the old version is not compatiable with VISTA.

i will.. i just cant right now.. our internets speed is super slow[excuses, excuses]. hehe.. i'll also ask for the program in the laboratory f they have, i hope.. thanx!

and i also want to defend him cuz i sound mean.. actually, our teacher was pressured to work as a teacher after he passed the board exam. our department lost 5 teachers [very very good instructors] so they were desperate. our teacher just started teaching himself the new version so we got to stick the old version still.. unlucky us...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…