Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB SIM ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

gastonanthony

hi, the last time i used the mplab sim, it was ok, my programs were running smoothly in it, but lately i'm encountering errors. The programs do not have any errors in building, the only error is in the mplab sim part.here's the error that pops out:**broken link removed**
and after closing that window, i get an error about the mplab and the mplab suddenly exits. What could have gone wrong?could it be a virus or something?

i forgot how to post images

Attachments

• error1.gif
    error1.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 756
Seems like a type cast failure, nothing much you can do about it.

Have you tried starting a new small test project and simulating that?
maybe there's someting wrong with your project wich crashes the sim.

If it crashes on a new small test project too then try a reinstall - perhaps a newer or older version.

Hi, the simulator is not that perfect, i had found some bugs too, for an example the register status viewer only show the values after the program end, it's doesn't show on the run,... the pin stimulator also fail sometimes :lol: well as Exo said, you can't do nothing, i can add that you can try to find some patches or a newer version of the C Compiler and MPLab :? .

Have a nice week 8)

TiagoSilva said:
i had found some bugs too, for an example the register status viewer only show the values after the program end, it's doesn't show on the run,... the pin stimulator also fail sometimes

It changes the register variables after every step you make.
If you leave the simulator on continued run it doesnt update the variables because they would change to fast to see it happen anyway.

I've never had problems with the pin stimulus, always check YOU didn't make any errors (setting tris, disabeling AD, ...) before blaming mc.

don't make the same mistake

hi guys, thanks for all the replies and sorry for all the trouble that i've caused :oops: i found the problem! i made a project for a pic16f84a, but the program i wrote is for a pic16f84(PROCESSOR P16F84). thanks and sorry again for all the trouble :D

Exo said:
TiagoSilva said:
i had found some bugs too, for an example the register status viewer only show the values after the program end, it's doesn't show on the run,... the pin stimulator also fail sometimes

It changes the register variables after every step you make.
If you leave the simulator on continued run it doesnt update the variables because they would change to fast to see it happen anyway.

I've never had problems with the pin stimulus, always check YOU didn't make any errors (setting tris, disabeling AD, ...) before blaming mc.
Ever toughted that i could be slowing the clock enough to see ? :lol: :D

MPSIM has had a few humdingers of bugs over the years. One when I was at Uni was that it would reset the values in certian file registers while in a delay style loop, the effect was the never ending loop, and some lost hair. that was version 6.40 I think, while 6.36 worked fine. MPLAB is now at version 7.10 and if there are any faults that really should not be there you should report the bug the microchip. We did and 6.42 came out soon after with the bug fixed, not solely down to us but I'm sure many people complained about the bug, if no one bothered that bug would still be present in todays version.

Moral of the story, if you are absolutely sure your code is line for line perfect and the sim, simulates wrong, email microchip and tell them exact details of what goes wrong during the simulation. Don't just moan, Microchip love people telling them their products are naf, they get to make it better without spending loads of money beta testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back