Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGCB

I have been using MPLAB v. 6.30 as it came with a hardware kit that I bought. I then downloaded a new v.8.56 but it seemed overly complicated and didn't seem to support my PICKIT 2 programmer all the time. I see that older versions are available from MICROCHIP. Is there a great advantage for a relative begginner to have the latest version or would an older version be easier to use and support the PICKIT 2? If so what version would you recomend?
Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Aaron

Hi,
and didn't seem to support my PICKIT 2 programmer all the time.

Well am only using v8.46 but have not found the newer versions giving less support for the PK2 - can you give any details of what it does not support.
Later versions have support for more chips in both programmer and debugger modes.

A version as old as 6.nn is much more likely to have bugs than any of the current versions so I would always suggest you use the latest, you will soon get used to the different layout etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back