Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLABX device packs

granddad

Most Helpful Member
Any MC guys gals out there know about MC 'packs' do the latest contain all previous changes or should all previous packs be installed, ? And why is my 1.11.281 'Locked '(probably all users are the same )
pic18fk.jpg

Tools > Packs .....IDE goes to a site and I imaging will check your installs with their list ,(devices tab )Think PICs are in alphabetical order .Be interesting to see your list,

mplabx packs are cumulative, so you should only need to install the newest pack to get all the updates. However, as with all things Microchip 'newer' doesn't always mean 'better', just different. You may find an older pack works while a newer one has issues.

The one that's marked as 'locked' is the version that got installed when you installed that version of mplabx, and it can't be uninstalled.

You can change the pack version being used (the one shown in the dashboard) in the project properties. If you install an older pack it'll get shown in the list of usable versions. This lets you keep using the same pack as when you originally created the project, as long as you install the older pack version too.

Thanks TW, as i sort of guessed, The 1.11.281 pack, was a pain, kept finding an error on a variable name, Red squiggles, said unknown, but would build ok,

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back