Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

msm6242b and Hitach LCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agbi1

Hi all,

I have just finnished my wireless remote home lighting controle, in which I achive successe, but my major problem, is to interface a real time clock ics to it, so that the system can be controle with timing and alarm.
I search through the intenet whereby i found a real time clock to be interface with microcontroller, can sombody explain to me on how I can read out the data from msm6242b into hitachi 4x20 lcd, useing Pic16f84a microcotroller for interface, because that is the lcd 1 used for my light project.
Thanks.

it looks like all you have to do is set up a four bit address and out pops your data..
upon further reading ,it is a little more complicated than that

to start with.. you have the option of tying ALE to Vdd or not ..
the only difference that i see is by tying ALE to Vdd the address must be present during the whole read /write cycle..
which really isnt a problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back