Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi-mode Led Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas.Porter

Hello everyone:

This is my first time posting on this forum; I have had a bit of a snag on a design team I'm on...

I need a small circuit board to watch two contacts for a finger (bridging the gap) and the control LEDs. Here is something like what I'm after:

Pulse (L-H-L)___RED___BLUE___GREEN
________0th___OFF____OFF____OFF
________1st___ON____OFF_____OFF
________2nd___OFF___ON_____OFF
________3rd___ON____ON_____OFF
________....
________nth___OFF___OFF_____OFF

So, what I'd like is some kind of circuit function to give the user the ability to scroll though different flashing effects. The source can be 3-6 VDC and I only need one of each LED. Does anyone have any suggestion of how I should approach this? I have experience with CAD but, I've never used PCB design software before; I have a deadline soon for PCB file.
Is there a good way to design one of those (excuse my lack of lingo) small black blobs of logic to stamp on a board? Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Your sequence looks like a binary counter, 7493 or equ. A finger bridge as clock can be done many ways, but a CMOS comparator with appropriate levels set should do. Positive feedback can address "switch bounce". For individual outputs use an address decoder, 74138 or equ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back