Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi-stage electronic project in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

cl10Greg

Hello,
I have been reading on here for awhile about all these exciting projects and I love it. I have kind of pondering one myself but have no idea how to implement it yet (I am a newb in microprocessor programming and wiring). Basically I am a college student in Electrical Engineering and just now getting into the core classes (semiconductor's, power machines, electronics, etc..) but would like to get this project going since I think it is going to take awhile to get it the way I want. The project bad enough revolves around a beer pong table but at the same time I want it to be technological. So i want to implement the following into it (if possible).

First this is just your basic amplifier circuit with some old PC speakers. This does not seem hard from a microcontroller or circuit side (I have been reading tutorials and it seems easy enough). The only thing that I am unsure of it how to flash some LED's bundles I make with the music. I think before I read you can do this with solid state relays but can someone verify that?

Second thing on this table is I want a built in cooler with a pump to dispense beer. The cooler has two different sensors on at all time: a temperature sensor and a fluid level sensor. I was thinking if the chamber that is holding the liquid exceeded a temperature (say 45 degrees) then it should turn on the peltier module to help cool it back down. If the fluid level drops below its point, a light should be activated letting the person know. I guess at the same time it would be pretty cool to have a motor open a whole in the middle of the table to pour more beer in (but nor necessary). If this coolder design is too complicated then I was thinking to just have a cooler with a can holder and at a push of a button it would dispense a beer. What motors and circuitry would this entail?

Third thing I was thinking I want on the table was just pressure switches to detech cups were on them or not. If there is a cup then the light below are off, if the cup is removed the light comes on and the cups remaining counter counts down.

Fourth thing is a ping pong dispenser that just hold the ping pong balls and dispenses them whenever the button is pushed.

Fifth this is hand drying fans that are activated with a button.

So that is basically all I was thinking for now. So other more advanced things I could add on to this was a regulating dispenser that would dispense the right amount into the cups on the push of a button. I was also thinking RFID cards for access maybe to login or something along those lines but I know RFID seems complicated from all that I have read.

But please take 5-10 minutes out and read this and let me know what I would need to implement these or if you have links to examples of these that would help. Until then I am still reading up on microcontroller programming, speaking of which what is a good programmer (and PIC) for this project?

Sorry if all of this was a lot and I am kind of a newb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back