Multi-stage electronic project in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

cl10Greg

Hello,
I have been reading on here for awhile about all these exciting projects and I love it. I have kind of pondering one myself but have no idea how to implement it yet (I am a newb in microprocessor programming and wiring). Basically I am a college student in Electrical Engineering and just now getting into the core classes (semiconductor's, power machines, electronics, etc..) but would like to get this project going since I think it is going to take awhile to get it the way I want. The project bad enough revolves around a beer pong table but at the same time I want it to be technological. So i want to implement the following into it (if possible).

First this is just your basic amplifier circuit with some old PC speakers. This does not seem hard from a microcontroller or circuit side (I have been reading tutorials and it seems easy enough). The only thing that I am unsure of it how to flash some LED's bundles I make with the music. I think before I read you can do this with solid state relays but can someone verify that?

Second thing on this table is I want a built in cooler with a pump to dispense beer. The cooler has two different sensors on at all time: a temperature sensor and a fluid level sensor. I was thinking if the chamber that is holding the liquid exceeded a temperature (say 45 degrees) then it should turn on the peltier module to help cool it back down. If the fluid level drops below its point, a light should be activated letting the person know. I guess at the same time it would be pretty cool to have a motor open a whole in the middle of the table to pour more beer in (but nor necessary). If this coolder design is too complicated then I was thinking to just have a cooler with a can holder and at a push of a button it would dispense a beer. What motors and circuitry would this entail?

Third thing I was thinking I want on the table was just pressure switches to detech cups were on them or not. If there is a cup then the light below are off, if the cup is removed the light comes on and the cups remaining counter counts down.

Fourth thing is a ping pong dispenser that just hold the ping pong balls and dispenses them whenever the button is pushed.

Fifth this is hand drying fans that are activated with a button.

So that is basically all I was thinking for now. So other more advanced things I could add on to this was a regulating dispenser that would dispense the right amount into the cups on the push of a button. I was also thinking RFID cards for access maybe to login or something along those lines but I know RFID seems complicated from all that I have read.

But please take 5-10 minutes out and read this and let me know what I would need to implement these or if you have links to examples of these that would help. Until then I am still reading up on microcontroller programming, speaking of which what is a good programmer (and PIC) for this project?

Sorry if all of this was a lot and I am kind of a newb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…