Multimeter Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

otengam

Hello everyone, I am just starting electronics due to a fascination ive always had and now i am interested in purchasing a multimeter. I would like a digital one with auto ranging and a stand ( not too desperate for the stand ). + any other little uses
I was hoping to spend between $50 - $100.
I would only be using it for very basic electronics atm but if i became more advanced i wouldnt want to buy another one just for a few extra uses.
Can somoene who is knowledgeable please suggest one for me to get and where from? ( i searched ebay but still very unsure ) I appreciate all you help, Thanks

Last edited:
Look on Ebay for a Fluke or HP DMM. You can't go wrong with those brands.

Last edited:
Mine's a Sanwa. Around $50 eqv. Auto-range, and only uses two AA batteries to power itself up. The best one I had.

Mine is FLUKE 79, but it is beyond your estimated budget. As a beginner, you may buy any south easian multimeter. You may get one with half of your budget.

The important thing is to have one with as much as possible of measurements in addition to AVO, such as capacitor, diode, continuity buzzer and transistor checker.

I bought my voltmeter/ammeter/resistance/transistor checker for $10. My LCR meter was around $50. If you just wan't to measure volts/amps then there's not much reason to pay more than $10.

If you're a beginner it may be better to buy cheap models, because it is quite possible you will break them, I know I did, then you won't be cussing and cursing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…