Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

multiplication of 1 digit BCD with 1 digit BCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

David84

multiplication of 1 digit BCD with 1 digit BCD

hi all!!
my assignment need us to design a circuit that can handle a multiplication of 1 digit BCD with 1 digit BCD, the answer must in BCD.

u guys have any idea?

do u guys have Binary to BCD converter circuit?

if got, email me ya~ david_lai84@hotmail.com thz...

thz a lot ya~

philba said:
are you and stanley taking the same course?

I suppose you want full schematics.

ya...

philba said:
sure, you can create complex combinational and/or sequential logic or you can use a 256 x 8 memory. EPROMs are pretty cheap and easy to use. your input is the two 4 bit BCD values as the address and the value at that location is the result. just fill out the 256 entry array with the values you want. The performance is basically the cost of one EPROM access.

hope your teacher appreciates the help you are getting here.

table lookup, it's A Good Thing.

I saw ur reply...

do u mean I have to use truth table to write all the possible out then only do?

well, you should do your own work. you've gotten more than enough help, go do you homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back