Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MW LDH-45A-700W power supply?

Tex260Z

I just found a new MW LDH-45A-700W lying around in my workshop bits N Bobs box.
My question is can I use it as a simple speed controller on a LV motor by putting a pot across the Analogue DIm and DIM terminals? (or the PWM Dim and Dim terminals).
I found this online which seems to suggest the answer is an affirmative?
LDH-45A-700W.png

That unit is a current controller for lighting, rather than a voltage controller that could would as a simple speed control.

Using it on a motor would control torque rather than speed; eg. it would run to full speed at anything above a very low setting if unloaded, with the control input varying how easy it was to stop (stall).

ps. The diagram you show is for a voltage input; from near zero for off up to around 1.3V for maximum output.

Ok, finally got around to checking it, results as shown.
I remember now we used it to test an LED street light luminaire back when, and there was actually the resistor shown between the two terminal wires. Testing shows it's not linear.
LDH-45A-700W (3).jpg

LDH-45A-700W (1).jpg
LDH-45A-700W (2).jpg

LDH-45A-700W (3).jpg
LDH-45A-700W (4).jpg

Latest threads

Back