Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

My final coment on the competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjvh

I just want to Express my perplexness about the things that are going on regarding my entry of the competition

as rules where made for entering the competition it should be pretty clear what could enter and what not (especialy after the discusion in how to interpetate these rules)

I find it verry suprising that there are entrys posted up for voting that are clearly breach these rules

we have an entry that shows only a shematic and the coment that you can easyly build it on a bread bord (no pictures to show if this is actualy build)
it could be just copied from a book

we have an entry that shows no schematic
how simple this entry is to duplicate still it is posible to make it a failure if you conect the LED wrong also the mentioning of the posibility of diferent voltages and a current limiting resistor is not backed up with a schematic

the axes wielding robot is electronical not sophisticated but it does comply with the rules and is a creative and funny entry

now i did also put in a project and that one is not posted

it did comply with all the rules and interpetations (in my opinion)

on the question that i asked in the thread (5th july) why my entry is not placed for voting i still don't have an answer also not when i sended a private mesagge to electro master (same date)

in order to get at least a cleu for why my entry is not posted for voting i posted it my self in the thread for a reaction/interpetation from fellow forum members (8th july)
12 minutes later the thread is closed by electro master (so responses are not posibble to give by other members) and he would explane me why my entry whas not complying with the competition rules (although that is not a reason for not posting entrys that where also not complying with the rules as we see now)

it's now 4 days later and still no explanation

if these rules are so simple why can it not be pointed out what the problem is with my entry

i only can conclude that there are other motifs to bare my entry and that have nothing to do with the competition

i can only say that i am highly disapointed in this unpolite behavior

and that if this is posible in a competition by a few individuals, this competition is one big farce

this is my the last message i will send about it because it's a waiste of time for me (i do have much more better things to do)

and so for the reason i don't need to know because it's a lie annyway if it would be given

i am really disapointed

Robert-Jan

Last edited:
I am not defending the actions you have faced, nor the failure to remediate them, but ask that you consider only that it might have been an honest mistake and not an intentional slight.

Maybe in that light, you can feel better about the outcome.

Best regards. John

hi R-J,
When Electromaster responds to your post, hope you will let us know the reason given for missing the 1st competition.

Its unfortunate that the change over from the old version of the forums operating system,
together with loss of the server mains supply at the time when the competition was being judged,
threw the Administrator a curve.

I feel sure there is no hidden agenda...:)

Regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back