My latest robot, photobug!

• Thread starter Robot builder 101
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robot builder 101

My latest robot, phobug!

Hello, this is one of my newest robots, taken off the design of the classic Herbie! I built this robot with help from the book, Junkbots, Bugbots, and bots on wheels. I would highly suggest this book, as it is a wonderful book thats worth taking a look at. You can buy it at solarbotics, or give the ISBN number to the store and they can order it.

Parts used:
LM386 Audio amplifier
2 IR recievers
9v battery
Power switch
2 Extreme quality motors pulled out of a PS2 (Playstation 2, its a video game console) controller [These make almost 0 noise. I couldn't even tell they were on at first]

The robot is very fun and easy to build, and is provided with lots of pictures from the book to help you out. I am a more advanced robot builder than this, but I have misplaced my other better robots for now, so you will just have to bear with me until i find them or build new ones (I prefer building new ones, isn't robot building fun)!

Here are a few pictures for you to check it out!

Phobug1: Phobug as compared to a PSP. The peice of black tape above the battery is the LM386. I put tape over it so that it would stay on the chip. You can also see the black IR reciever, and the motor. Cable ties worked well to mount the motors onto the aluminum body. The IR recievers are wired in reverse, because they create a enough voltage that it would fire the LM386. These IR receiver output about 0.6 volts.

Phobug2: Frontal view (somewhat) of Phobug.

Phobug3: IR reciever soldered to wires. I freeformed everything, as described in the book.

I will post how to build your own phobug under projects soon, so if you would like to build one, please let me know along with your questions or comments.

Thanks

Attachments

• Phobug1.jpg
    444.8 KB · Views: 338
  • Phobug2.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 352
  • Phobug3.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 289
Last edited by a moderator:
For robot builder this will be helpful may you have seen this before.
Look at the Beetle Bot
**broken link removed**

I PM souper man before he left the forum and he said that was where he saw it.

Dunno, latest PM.

Fun robot, I was looking at it, maybe I'll add it to my website at freewebs/juggernautsrobotics

Simple robots

for simple robots lok at the followind sites

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Regards to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…