Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Name of old PC game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
I have been thinking about an old game we used to play on the PC in the early 80's.

There was a moving dot (snake) with a tail that grew longer with each turn. I think the idea was to draw walls which confined the snake.

I would like to download and play it but there are many SNAKE games. Do you have a link to where I can find it. There seem to be several snake games.

3v0

Last edited:
Hi,

I vaguely remember a game like that.
From what i recall, the idea was to keep going as long a you could.
You had to leave enough room to keep going, cos eventually all the
space would get filled.

I think it might have come with the early (MS)Windows releases,
which included a few games.

Regards, John :)

There was a moving dot (snake) with a tail that grew longer with each turn. I think the idea was to draw walls which confined the snake.

I played this on a BBC computer in 1984, I don't recall the tail getting longer, but do remember the 'boxing in' bit.

I seem to recall that eventually the game told you how much of the screen you had managed to seal off from the snake as a percentage.

I've had a look around for it, but can only find the 'tail growing' variety.
Sorry.

It's a very old game. One of my first assembly language projects on the Commodore 64...

Score points by running into dots that light up in random locations for a short period of time. Each time you score, tail gets longer. Game ends when you collide with self or walls. After tail gets to a certain length, a new level (reset tail, moves faster). Might be able to dig up a copy of the program, but wouldn't be easy to follow. I wrote my own assembler, no labels, locations and numbers all in hexadecimal, and of course no comments...

There is a version that is installed with Ubuntu.

There was also a version called Tron that used light cycles and appeared in the film of the same name.

Mike.

It's called nibbles. I made a 4-player one in High school It was awesome becuase the librarians couldn't stop me from playing it on the library PCs. It wasn't a game...it was debugging an assignment,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back